Friday, May 30, 2014

Welcome! An Intro to Our Summer Adventure

This past Memorial Day Weekend marked the unofficial start to summer 2014. That means it is the time of year when many from New York City head out to Eastern Long Island to escape from city life for a bit. Riverhead, the town located where Long Island splits into two forks, is just roughly 80 miles from Manhattan. From there, vacationers can choose to head to the North Fork and Wine Country or the South Folk and the world famous Hamptons for whatever style vacation they prefer.

Whether one heads to the North Fork or South Fork, there is a lot to see on Eastern Long Island. With so many different beaches, vineyards, restaurants, farms and other hidden gems, it may be hard to decide exactly how to spend one's time in the area. The purpose of this blog is to help visitors decide how to best spend their vacation time when they visit Eastern Long Island.

I have spent my whole life (aside from the past two years I have been attending college in New York City) living on Eastern Long Island. I feel that as a native of the area I have some unique tips to offer to those who wish to vacation here. Sometimes locals are able to provide some insight on the best way to spend time they you will not always find in guidebooks or on tourist websites.

My hope is that this blog is able to add some fun to some people's vacations. Hopefully my insight as a local gives people a few new ideas of what to do on Eastern Long Island that they would have never thought of before and that they enjoy.



Happy travels to Eastern Long Island all! See you out here!
                                         

1 comment:

  1. Tara,

    Awesome blog idea and awesome post! I live in Westchester County, NY, but for some reason I always end up on Long Island. For example, last weekend I took my family to Long Beach. I'll be sure to check back in for tips and ideas. Thank you.

    Best,

    Gerry Ungaro

    ReplyDelete