Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Admittedly I am a little late with this post. Strawberry season is over on Eastern Long Island but as I have mentioned before, chocolate covered strawberries are still one of my favorite things.

In preparation for next strawberry season (it is certainly not too early to look forward to it), here is how I make delicious chocolate covered strawberries for myself!

  1. Head to a local farm stand and pick up some strawberries when they are in season (usually in June).
  2. Next, head to a candy store to get some chocolate to melt down.
  3. Once you are home clean up your strawberries. Rinse them under water and then cut off their green tops. Some people will leave the tops on to look pretty but I think it makes things easier to cut them off.
  4. Now it is time to take the chocolate and melt it down. I usually just put in in the microwave in a bowl and check on it after a minute or two to stir it and put it back in until it is fully melted. Some people will melt it over the stove, but again I think microwaving it makes things easier.
  5. It is finally time to actually put the berries in chocolate! This is a simple enough job. You just take a berry and put it in the chocolate and make sure it is completely covered before taking it out. (If you left the green stems on this is where things would get more difficult as you would have to make sure the stem did not get covered. )
  6. After all of your berries are covered just put them on a tray and throw them in fridge until they are hardened and ready to eat!
I love chocolate covered strawberries, especially when Eastern Long Island Strawberries are in season. Hopefully next year you will get a chance to make your own of these delicious treats using my directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment