Monday, June 9, 2014

A Visit to Hampton Coffee Company

If you are anything like me you like to start your day with a cup of coffee. I love waking up and inhaling a cup of iced coffee in the summer months even when I am on vacation. I share this love of coffee with one of my closest friends and usually when we hang out it includes stopping to get a cup somewhere. A couple of weeks ago at her suggestion we ventured to Water Mill, New York to try out a spot we had never been to before, Hampton Coffee Company.

Water Mill is located on the South Fork of Long Island in the Hamptons. It's only a five minute ride from Southampton if you head east on Montauk Highway. If you are heading to Sag Harbor, East Hampton or Montauk via Montauk Highway this location of the Hampton Coffee Company is situated in a spot that makes it a perfect pit stop for a quick pick-me-up.

Hampton Coffee Company has three locations that can be found in Westhampton, Southampton and Water Mill. According to its website (hamptoncoffeecompany.com) the Water Mill location was its first store and it opened over 20 years ago. The company brags that today it is Long Island's largest independent coffee roaster and like many places in the Hamptons lays claim to celebrity clientele.

The reason my friend and I chose to visit the Water Mill location was because of the outdoor dining options it offered and the convenient location right on Montauk Highway. This location does have a café too where you can dine on various dishes, but my friend and I opted for just simple drinks. We both got iced coffees that we added our own milk and sugar to after checking out.

To be quite honest the coffee was nothing special. As a Dunkin Donut enthusiast I did not find their coffee to be quite as good as the Dunkin I enjoy almost everyday, but I still would highly suggest stopping by the Hampton Coffee Company. The menu at the café offers some really tempting looking options and the atmosphere was so relaxing that I think its a cool place to check out if you are going to be traveling on Montauk Highway. While other places may offer better coffee they most likely do not offer outdoor seating that overlooks a winery.

Even if the coffee was not to die for the Hampton Coffee Company provided a nice location to get together with a friend and enjoy an afternoon of just having some coffee outdoors in beautiful weather. Whether you need a quick place to stop on your way farther out east or you just want to enjoy a small-town coffee shop, I would recommend checking out Hampton Coffee Company on your trip to the Hamptons.

No comments:

Post a Comment