Monday, June 16, 2014

Taking Time to Enjoy the Ride

A lot of the time we are so focused on where we are going that we do not take time to enjoy the journey to the destination.

I know, I sound like a corny quote book, but it is true and it relates to how one may spend their time on Eastern Long Island. This past week I had to drive all the way out to Montauk (the end of the South Fork) for business. I did not get to do anything in Montauk aside from the business I had to attend to so I did not get to enjoy the happening beach town. Knowing this though I was able to enjoy the trip by just taking in the sites on the way!

I traveled from Sag Harbor, which is roughly halfway through the Hamptons, out to Montauk surrounded by some of the most beautiful sites. Between the lush green landscape, beautiful houses and of course the beaches I really enjoyed the ride!

Usually when planning a trip we get so caught up in mapping out every minute of our day with something exciting to do that we miss out on fun things that are not as flashy, like just taking a car ride. There are so many beautiful sites on Eastern Long Island sometimes the best way to see a few is by just hopping in the car and driving!

Just like I sat back and enjoyed my ride out to Montauk I think you can sit back and just enjoy a simple ride around the East End. Forget about the destination for a bit and just enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment