Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Time to Take in a Sunset

It would make sense for me to start out with the best ways to spend your morning on the Eastern End of Long Island and then your afternoon and then your evening. But, my personal favorite thing to do occurs in the evening and I cannot wait to share it!

After a full day of summer fun in the sun doing things I will tell you about later nothing beats heading to the beach to check out the sunset! The North Shore of Long Island borders the Long Island Sound and the sunsets over it have to be some of the most beautiful in the world. I end most of my summer days checking out the sunsets by my house, so it is certainly something both visitors and locals alike can enjoy!

Having viewed so many sunsets over the Long Island Sound I have to say that they are like snowflakes. That means that no two are alike and each one provides a new visual spectacle for all to take in. So if you are in town for even a week I would suggest you check out the sunset every night because you are always going to see something new.

Maybe the best thing about taking in a sunset on Eastern Long Island is that it's free! All you have to do is head to a beach that looks north. Of course for the best views I suggest you head north and find a beach on the Long Island Sound, but if you are vacationing on the South Fork you can still get a spectacular view if you venture to a beach that overlooks the bay separating the two forks.

In my opinion there is nothing better to do on Eastern Long Island than just taking in one of the many beautiful sunsets and I would put it as number one on your must-do list for your vacation to the area!





 

Above are just a few of many photos of sunsets I have taken over the years to give you an idea of what you are missing out on if you choose to not check out a sunset during your East End vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These sunsets are beautiful! I would love to go and see one!

    ReplyDelete